business automation simplified
There are two methods for adding a Pinterest account to the SoMe Publisher.
Option 1: The cookie method:
1. Go to SoMe Publisher > Accounts > Pinterest;2. >Click the ADD AN ACCOUNT button;3. Select the cookie method;4. Open Incognito tab in Chrome (you can open Incognito tab in Chrome by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N keys);
5. Log in to your Pinterest account;6. Press the F12 key in your keyboard and click the Application tab within the opened window;7. Click the Cookies on the left menu;8. Copy the “_pinterest_sess” cookie value and close the incognito tab without logging out your account. If you log out, you will need to get new cookie values again;
9. Paste the “_pinterest_sess” to the plugin and click the ADD button;10. Activate your Pinterest boards and start to share your posts as pins on those boards.
Option 2: App method:
Please follow the steps below to create a Pinterest App and add your accounts using the App method:
1. Go to Pinterest Developers page;2. Click the Apply button;
3. Type an App name, select the “Ability to publish only organic content, and obtain metrics and analytics back” option, and add detailed information of the app purpose;
4. Enter details on how you will use Pinterest data and Create your API
I am going to use the API to share only my posts on Pinterest. I will not use any Pinterest data. I only need the API to share my posts on Pinterest automatically.
5. When your App is approved, copy your new App ID and secret key;6. Go to SoMe Publisher > APPS > Pinterest menu;7. Click the ADD AN APP button;8. Paste your App ID and App secret and click the ADD AN APP button. Make sure that there is no white space before and after the App ID and the secret key when you are adding them to the plugin;
9. Go to FS Poster > Accounts > Pinterest menu;10. Click the ADD AN ACCOUNT button;11. Select the App method and select your App from the select box;12. Click the ADD button and authorize your Pinterest account.13. Activate your Pinterest boards and start to share your posts as pins on those boards.
Your Pinterest account has to have boards. Also, your WordPress posts have to contain a featured image to share it on Pinterest boards because you cannot pin on Pinterest without an image.